Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday's Quick Notes, Vol. 4

-1-

There’s some pretty horrifying anti-choice legislation being put on the boards in the United States. Cameron has a good deconstruction at the logical fallacies behind the Planned Parenthood ‘sting operations’. Taylor has a good post in the scary implications between this legislation and American’s love for the second amendment. And also makes a good point that we can’t get too snug about our rights as Canadians.

We can stop with the farce that these people are ‘pro-life’ now, right?

I doubt that I’m going to write about this issue because I’m too busy barfing about it. But will see. I will probably get so angry that I’ll have to rant about it.

-2-

Because of Valentine’s Day on Monday I’ve been listening to a lot of Magnetic Fields this week. Okay I listen to a lot of Magnetic Fields all the time. And maybe they aren’t the most logically romantic choice. I do what I want. If you have never listened to them please check out 69 Love Songs. My personal favourites are “Papa was a Rodeo”, “All My Little Words”, “Epitaph for my Heart” and “Yeah, oh Yeah”. Enjoy the brilliant lyrics of Stephen Merritt.

-3-

I just started reading the Pervocracy. Don’t agree with everything she says but I seriously enjoy the “Cosmocking”. Brilliant, hilarious takedowns.

-4-

Went to Raw Canvas last night. And had a brilliant time even if I can’t paint, or draw, or do anything remotely artistic. And yes, I felt like such a hipster.

-5-

Saw Blue Valentine. The script was the most non-movie script I’ve ever seen. It felt like the actors improvised the dialogue. The acting was phenomenal. It’s incredible go see it. But be prepared for your soul to be crushed.

-6-

And if you need a that’s weird giggle.

-7-

It’s too beautiful outside to think  of a seventh thing to tell. So I’m going outside to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment